Thamer (Tamar) WILSON born XX/XX/1821 to James WILSON and Alison SHEPHERD in Leith, Midlothian, Scotland.1 Thamar WILSON married (1) Thomas THOMSON 01/10/1841 in Cramond, Midlothian, Scotland.2 Thamer WILSON married (2) Frederick EARLE 11/05/1853 in St. John's Church, London, England.3 Thamer EARLE nee WILSON died 02/06/1903 in Oamuru, Otago, New Zealand.4 Frederick EARLE born 20/06/1830 to William EARLE and Elizabeth NORTON in Westminster, London, England.5 Frederick EARLE died 06/04/1891 in Oamaru, Otago, New Zealand.6
1. William THOMPSON born 09/07/1842 to Thomas THOMPSON and Thamar WILSON in Cramond, Midlothian, Scotland.7
2. Alice Elizabeth EARLE born 04/11/1852 to Frederick EARLE and Thamar WILSON in Cramond, Midlothian, Scotland.8 Alice Elizabeth EARLE married (1) Robert William ADAIR 09/03/1870 in New Zealand.9 Alice Elizabeth EARLE married (2) Henry H. R. Mackintosh XX/XX/1879 in New Zealand.10 Robert William Adair born XX/XX/1844.11 Robert William ADAIR died XX/06/1874 in New Zealand.12 Henry Horsley Robinson MACKINTOSH born 11/12/1839 to John MACKINTOSH and Margaret Innes SIMPSON in Auldearn, Nairnshire, Scotland.13 Henry Hornley Robinson MACKINTOSH died 07/08/1929 in Oamaru, Otago, New Zealand.14
3. Frederick William EARLE born XX/XX/1862 to Frederick EARLE and Thamar WILSON.15 Frederick William EARLE married Harriet DAVIDSON 06/07/1887 in Oamaru, New Zealand.16 Frederick William EARLE died 11/04/1948 in Brighton, Victoria, Australia.17 Harriet DAVIDSON born XX/XX/1858 to Joseph DAVIDSON and Sarah BURROWS in Buninyong, Victoria, Australia.18 Harriet EARLE nee DAVIDSON died 17/07/1955 in Glen, Victoria, Australia.19
Frederick Earle's death was reported in the Oamaru Mail
DEATHS. Earle. On the 6th inst., at his residence, Ure-street, Frederick Earle, aged 60 years. The funeral will leave his late residence on Wednesday, 8th inst., at 2.30 p.m. Friends are kindly invited to attend.20
Thamer Earle's death was reported in the Oamaru Mail:
EARLE. On the 2nd instant, at Wansbeck street, Thamer Earle, in her 85th year. The funeral will leave the residence of her son-in-law. (Henry Mackintosh), Wansbeck street for the Oamaru Cemetery, at 6 p.m. on Thursday, 4th instant. Friends are invited to kindly attend. Flowers respectfully declined.21
An obituary was reported the following day:
At the advanced age of 85 years Mrs Thamer Earle, relict of the late Frederick Earle, and one of the old residents of Oamaru, passed away early yesterday morning at the resldence of her son in-law, Mr Henry Mackintosh. Mrs Earle, with her husband, arrived in the colony about 49 years ago, and resided at Port Chalmers for about four years. Mr and Mrs Earle then came to Oamaru, where the former, who took an active part in many public matters, passed away some twelve years ago. Since that time Mrs Earle has resided with her son-in-law and daughter (Mr and Mrs H. Mackintosh). To the earlier residents Mrs Earle was known as a kind and generously disposed lady, and to all who knew her the news of her death will occasion sincere regret. For many months she had been laid aside by an illness due to her advanced years, but this she bore with exemplary resignation and cheerfulness. The deceased lady leaves a son and a daughter (Mr F. Earle, of Melbourne, and Mrs H. Mackintosh) and a number of grand children to mourn their loss. The funeral takes place tomorrow.22
- 1. Watt Family Tree: Ancestry; http://person.ancestrylibrary.com/tree/4349112/person/24024276725/facts
- 2. "Scotland Marriages, 1561-1910," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XT11-PL2 : accessed 12 March 2016), Thomas Thomson and Thamar Wilson, 01 Oct 1841; citing Cramond,Midlothian,Scotland, reference ; FHL microfilm 1,066,764, 103,009.
- 3. Ancestry.com. London, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1921 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010. London Metropolitan Archives, Saint John The Evangelist, Lambeth, Register of marriages, P85/JNA3, Item 049
- 4. NZ BDM Death Registration 1903/6523
- 5. Bradding Website: My Heritage; https://www.myheritage.com/research/collection-1/myheritage-family-trees...
- 6. NZ BDM Death Registration 1891/3258
- 7. Bradding Website: My Heritage; https://www.myheritage.com/research/collection-1/myheritage-family-trees...
- 8. Randy Saylor Family File: Rootsweb WorldConnect; http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=wrs67&id=I3229
- 9. NZ BDM Marriage Registration 1870/8079
- 10. NZ BDM Marriage Registration 1879/3272
- 11. Birth date derived from age stated at death (30 in 1874).
- 12. NZ BDM Death Registration 1874/17076
- 13. Randy Saylor Family File: Rootsweb WorldConnect; http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=wrs67&id=I3229
- 14. NZ BDM Death Registration 1929/9335
- 15. Birth date derived from age stated at death (86 in 1948).
- 16. VIC BDM Marriage Registration 1887/704
- 17. VIC BDM Death Registration 1948/3489
- 18. VIC BDM Birth Registration 1858/2356
- 19. VIC BDM Death Registration 1955/8534
- 20. Oamaru Mail, Volume XVI, Issue 4942, 7 April 1891, Page 2
- 21. Oamaru Mail, Volume XXVIII, Issue 8196, 2 June 1903, Page 2
- 22. North Otago Times , 3 June 1903, Page 2